Before getting into the topic at all, let’s discuss a scenario. Imagine you have set up a multi-million-dollar business with no customers for sales. Does not seem feasible, right? In today’s world, more businesses are going online than ever. Setting up a business but not having an online presence is like planning a vacation to Europe, booking resorts across countries only to back out at the last moment realizing that you never booked your flight tickets. That’s how much online presence is key to a successful business today. While online businesses still succeed without search engine optimization, it can be the catalyst that gets your business running. It could be the difference between a success story or a failure.
The importance of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) cannot be overstated in today’s era. It is essential for every business to evaluate its potential and invest in it. While SEO may sound scary, it is not a rocket science. It is certain basic principles which when implemented boosts search engine visibility of your website and its pages and leads to an improvement in search engine rankings. It is also an excellent way to improve the speed, user-friendliness, navigability, and overall quality of a website, which contributes to giving a good experience to a visitor.
Now, why is SEO important for your business?
In this day and age, where competition is high, SEO is crucial. Users all around the world rely on search engines to get answers and solutions to their problems and queries. Thus, there are several reasons why SEO is necessary:
- Majority of the people searching online do not go beyond the top suggestions on the first page. It is very unlikely of them to scroll down or move to the next page for further answers. By developing and having a good SEO strategy, your website can claim top positions on the search engine ranking pages (SERPs). This will help attract tons of visitors to your websites.
- SEO is much more than just about appearing on the top spots of the search engine ranking pages. Good SEO practices make it easy for a user to navigate through the website, discover and consume information and help improve the overall user experience of a website. Thus, visitors will stay longer at the site because of the great usability of a website.
- Search engine users generally trust the top positions in their search results. If your website turns out in the keywords that they use, it’s more than likely for users to believe the credibility of your website. In other words, SEO helps build user’s trust.
- Nothing acts better at social reach and branding of your website than SEO. People finding your website in the search results might prompt them to share it on their social media pages. This will thus redirect further traffic to your page.
- SEO is mandatory for the smooth functioning of a big website. Websites with several authors can benefit from SEO too. The direct benefit being that more users are likely to read their stories because of the increased traffic that better SEO brings to the website. The ancillary benefit lies in the benefits of sharing a common framework with other authors. This framework helps them in checking their content before publishing them on the website.
- In terms of business, SEO puts your business ahead of your competition. If two websites operate in the same vertical and offer similar products or services, the search engine optimized website will have more customers because of a higher search result. This directly affects the sales and thus, more revenue for your business.
With all said and done, it’s important to remember that quality content is the key to success. Irrespective of whether you invest on SEO or no, even the best SEO practices are futile if you don’t have engaging content to offer to your visitors. A search engine optimized website might fetch you traffic in the starting, but poor content will undo all the good. On the contrary, a website with great content go wonders with or without SEO. SEO will just be that added boost for your website to reach its maximum potential.
To conclude, we’ve told you why is SEO important for your business. As all businesses have an online presence in today’s world, it can do wonders for yours as well. SEO helps search engines understand your website better and gives your site higher search rankings. It is of utmost importance to have a good SEO strategy in place, and it can be the difference between a drive towards more traffic or just falling of the competition due to less exposure. Businesses worldwide get customers regularly owing to their SEO optimized websites. Don’t fall behind the competition by not investing in SEO. It gains you customers, help make sales and fulfils the purpose of your business.
Read 5 on-page SEO factors that every beginner should knew here.